Skip to main content

End of an Era.

"We were gonna be best friends forever - we always said that. She cried the whole day saying, 'oh, 
                      it's the end of an era!' I remember she left early.." - Mrs. Hudson 

     I feel like I keep thinking the word "era" a lot right now. I feel like I'm at the end of an era in my life right now.

     As we pack to move to our new house, the truth is attempting to sink in. I say attempt since I'm having a hard time grasping any sort of reality right now. I've never packed up and moved any further than bedrooms across the hall, but now I'm suppose to somehow pack up my life and move. Twice. In seven weeks. A mere eighteen hours away. lovely.

     My parents are moving all the way to Colorado to work for New Horizons Ministries for two years, and I am going with them. Going, yes. Coming back? We shall see. Being the seventeen-going-on-eighteen girl that I am, I have no clue what I'm going to be doing in a year, let alone two years. There's a fairly good chance I'll be off someplace different. If dreams come true. So I've kinda been viewing this whole move as the end of the first stage of my life.

     It's a somewhat pessimistic outlook, I concur. I've seen others move away from their closest friends and the place they call home and I've seen their relationships with their treasured friends wither with the distance. Honestly, that there is the thing that scares me more than all else. Yeah, we'll do our best to keep the relationships alive and well, and maybe we can make it out as close as before, but what if? I have four people in my whole life who I can be completely real with. The four who know me better than anyone else and know me inside-and-out. Only one is moving with me. How am I suppose to be totally fine with this?

     This past year has probably been the best in my life. Not by an outstanding margin, but up there. One of the main reasons for its popularity is that I've started to develop more than mere acquaintance relationships with people I've known most of my life. I've started to actually become comfortable with who I am in a place I'm actually starting to like. Now I'm being pulled out by the roots to a new place, new *potential* friends, new job, and a new house. That's a lot for someone who doesn't like change.

     Now would be the time when I would say I'm still excited about Colorado, but honestly, the enthusiasm comes and goes, As does the melancholy. There is, however, one big perk of moving westward! I'll finally get to live near a certain brother+wife! Also, Colorado is a beautiful place. I think I already figured out where I want to go when I need quiet time, though ten minutes is a bit of a drive just to get space. Maybe.

     I'm working on accepting life as it is. I crave stability and assurance. I'm trying to be content. I inhale. Exhale. I'm praying for trust. I'm learning acceptance. I'll be fine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christie.

     Hello folks! It's been a bit since I've popped on here. My apologies. I have been particularly busy of the late. And this post is a leeetle explanation of why. It has been given the name of "Christie", based on the book "Work, a Story of Experience".      It started on August 19 with auditions. We were given our parts on that nerve-filled afternoon. My dear Maria was given the lead. Soon after, practice started. We started off ever so slowly even with two practices a week. We came to a conclusion about a month ago that we indeed were too slow. Therefore two extra practices from nine to eleven p.m. were added for each remaining week. Well, we made it through the entire script! But the true question was, would we be able to maintain our sanity and pull this thing off? We had our first run-through this past Sunday. It was a crash and burn, and gave us the kick in the butt we needed.      You need to understand something about this play. There are about

Musing of a Younger Me.

     Death can be a cruel monster, or it can be a darling lamb. Why would it viciously claim the life of a beautiful twelve year old girl, or a charming nine year old boy? But yet Grandma accepted it willingly, with grace and beauty.      God called them all by name to Him, and lets us ask questions. Now, don't get me wrong, I love God and don't wish to doubt His judgement. But I do wonder, why do beautiful children have to die in painful ways? What about the families? And friends? They are all just left to grieve and remember. To adjust and ponder. To question, "God, why?"     We don't know the answers right now. We may someday know, or not till we reach heaven. But God has a beautiful reply for each question we ask. And finally, when we reach heaven, we will see the beautiful part of the picture. We will smile and tell God, "I love you. Thank you for Your comfort, and thank you for never leaving me."     *And thus ends the short musings of my you

Greetings.

      Hey you! Welcome to my unpretentious blog. I've wanted to start a blog for a bit. You know, like an online journal. Except everyone can read this!!! EEEK! If you dare to venture back here again someday you may find a various assortment of ramblings, thoughts, and the many other things that happen in my life and head. I'm not planning to have a rigid schedule, at all, like, no plans whatsoever. So I guess we'll see how often I post. But for now I will bid you adieu.