Skip to main content

Changes.

     I again welcome you to my unpretentious blog. As always, I'm hoping to start writing more to appease the masses. It might actually happen this time!

     For those of you who were not previously aware, I have moved to Colorado. My parents are serving at a ministry called New Horizons; if you don't know who New Horizons is, Google it. Their term/commitment is for two years. How long I will stay out here, however, I do not know. It could be till the beginning of 2016, or I could fall in love with the area and move out here forever. It's very open. 

     This week we had orientation so that we can know how to better assist the ministry, but I think it was simply explaining to us how we can better live our lives. Most of their training is basic insight, specifically pertaining to the christian walk, but also just normal life. They teach you how to be a part of a team. You learn what your spiritual gifts are, and how you can potentially use them. You learn how godly authority is about serving and how to come under said authority + it is demonstrated all week. You learn how utterly important it is to see the best in people. You are taught about the importance of actually dealing with character differences and making sure you know how to live on a pile. The list can go on for a while.. Most of those things seem basic, but they need to be taught, and taught in detail, so that the church can thrive. 

     I'm still trying to sort out my thoughts and put them back together again so that they can be better applied to my life. I'm really excited though, cause I now have virtual arsenal of ideas to write about! 

     I am excited about my new life though, cause now I'm going to have a consistent schedule for work and life. While some spontaneity is occasionally enjoyed, I like to know what's going to happen and when. Yeah.. I'm working on the whole control thing.. But after the last few years of my life with my family leaving our happy little nest to start their own, I'm ready for this. 

    I say that, then my muscles involuntarily stiffen. I must force my shoulders to relax. It's in God's hands. 

     There have already been big personal prayers answered in my two weeks here, but there's still one big one I'm struggling with. While I've met welcoming people that I already love, and I can see being a first-rate friend, I don't feel like I've found "my person". You feel me? I don't know though. Maybe I have and just don't recognize it yet. I just hope that I do realize it soon. 

     While that sounds like a depressing note to leave this on, I'm not actually that unhappy. God created me to be the kind of person who doesn't miss people. That sounds horrible, I know. You see, I love those I left behind, but I don't have a heart-retching pain because they're gone. I realize that I can't change it and there's no point in wasted tears. I will see them again someday, so why be so terribly sad? 

     I am not a heartless person. Believe me. Maybe someday you too can understand the inner thoughts of a seventeen-year-old-Mennonite-girl who just moved 1200 miles away. 

     Psh. *Snort* Yeah. Good luck.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christie.

     Hello folks! It's been a bit since I've popped on here. My apologies. I have been particularly busy of the late. And this post is a leeetle explanation of why. It has been given the name of "Christie", based on the book "Work, a Story of Experience".      It started on August 19 with auditions. We were given our parts on that nerve-filled afternoon. My dear Maria was given the lead. Soon after, practice started. We started off ever so slowly even with two practices a week. We came to a conclusion about a month ago that we indeed were too slow. Therefore two extra practices from nine to eleven p.m. were added for each remaining week. Well, we made it through the entire script! But the true question was, would we be able to maintain our sanity and pull this thing off? We had our first run-through this past Sunday. It was a crash and burn, and gave us the kick in the butt we needed.      You need to understand something about this play. There are about

Musing of a Younger Me.

     Death can be a cruel monster, or it can be a darling lamb. Why would it viciously claim the life of a beautiful twelve year old girl, or a charming nine year old boy? But yet Grandma accepted it willingly, with grace and beauty.      God called them all by name to Him, and lets us ask questions. Now, don't get me wrong, I love God and don't wish to doubt His judgement. But I do wonder, why do beautiful children have to die in painful ways? What about the families? And friends? They are all just left to grieve and remember. To adjust and ponder. To question, "God, why?"     We don't know the answers right now. We may someday know, or not till we reach heaven. But God has a beautiful reply for each question we ask. And finally, when we reach heaven, we will see the beautiful part of the picture. We will smile and tell God, "I love you. Thank you for Your comfort, and thank you for never leaving me."     *And thus ends the short musings of my you

Greetings.

      Hey you! Welcome to my unpretentious blog. I've wanted to start a blog for a bit. You know, like an online journal. Except everyone can read this!!! EEEK! If you dare to venture back here again someday you may find a various assortment of ramblings, thoughts, and the many other things that happen in my life and head. I'm not planning to have a rigid schedule, at all, like, no plans whatsoever. So I guess we'll see how often I post. But for now I will bid you adieu.